Activities - Adirondack Outdoors
Adirondack Waterfront real estate - A new York State Traditional Great Camp
Set in the Western Adirondack Mountains - A Waterfront Haven in Summer & Winter
Rocky Point Camp and the surrounding area have a wide assortment of of outdoor activities that will entertain the camp's owners and guests.
Here is a selection of local outdoor activities:
- Boating - sailing, rowing, kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing - all from your own boat house on the lake.
- Fishing - there is an intensely managed fishery program for rainbow and lake trout, as well as land-locked salmon.
- Shoreline - includes snorkeling and endless beach play, swimming and diving board activities.
- Golf - two golf courses nearby.
- Tennis - there are three tennis courts nearby.
- Historic - relax in a timeless forest setting with rustic architecture and water craft to suit.
- Hiking - There is an abundance of hiking trails both on Rocky Point and around the lakes, mountains and rivers nearby. Hike Panther, Little Moose, and Burnt mountains, Limekiln Creek, Moose River, Green, Panther and East Lakes, as well as Taylor, Rock and Mountain ponds.
- Mountains - the Western Adirondack Mountains with broad vistas and mixed hardwood timberland are within a short driving distance. Fine hiking trails and relaxing walks will soon become a regular activity.
- Backcountry: There are dozens of good day hikes on blazed, mapped, and maintained trails throughout the ALC preserve. You will also find:
- Twelve cabins in special places are beautifully kept by the Club for nightly rental by members.
- The Moose River, Panther Mountain, Limekiln Falls, Canachagala Lake, Rock Pond, Ferncliff Falls, Oxbow and the Fernow Overlook above Otis are epic landscapes that friends and family eagerly revisit.
- Owning a property on such a Preserve gives more than one could ever imagine.
- Competitive Outdoors - onsite sailing races, rowing and paddling competitions, as well as riflery and sporting clays all part of the club's activities.
- Winter Sports - include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating on the Point and other Preserve locations. Other snow sports at McCauley Mountain in Old Forge - just 10 miles away.
- The Adirondack League Club's Mountain Lodge on Little Moose Lake, features guest rooms & cottages, restaurant facilities, fishing, hunting, water sports, youth activities, open fires, and genial fellowship.
- Privacy - the Adirondack League Club's owners and guests enjoy a private, gated preserve to ensure peace, tranquility and privacy.